At British Ceramic Tile we are committed to protecting your personal data and we respect that it’s your personal information.
This website britishceramictile.com is operated by British Ceramic Tile Ltd.
British Ceramic Tile Ltd is the data controller responsible for your personal information.
British Ceramic Tile Ltd is registered in England and Wales under company number 03244910 and whose registered office is located at Heathfield Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 6RF.
We collect your information when you interact with us on the website. This can include placing an order online or over the phone and when you register to receive emails from us.
We do look at how customers use our website, so that we can tailor the best possible experience each user.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you register on www.britishceramictile.com (the "Website")
- When you contact British Ceramic Tile via telephone or email
- When you enter a prize draw or competition run by British Ceramic Tile
- When completing any surveys that we might send to you for research purposes (you are under no obligation to complete these)
- When registering for a trade account on the website
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes on the website
- When you complete any of the online contact forms on the website
- When you make a purchase on the website
- From time to time, we may also get data about you from third parties. This could include other partners that we have run partnerships, competitions and events with.
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested.
Information we obtain directly from you
Here are some examples of information we collect about you when you interact with us:
- Name and Surname
- Email address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Purchase information
- Interactions with us e.g. contacting our Customer Service
- Payment details
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Preferred categories and brands
- Automatically populated IP address*
- Information from cookies**
*When visiting our website we may collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet. We may also record the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
**For further information about Cookies please continue reading to the end of this page.
Information we obtain independently from you:
Third Party Organisations.
We may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available from / shared with us by external sources. This will only be done when we both have a lawful basis to do so.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly.
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in for example articles/ newspapers / online.
In order for our use of your personal information to comply with applicable data protection law, that use by us needs to fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in applicable data protection law. Examples of these lawful reasons include our use of your personal information being necessary for the purchase of goods or services, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymised personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
Where your personal information is not in an anonymous form, we will have a lawful reason to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best products to you and our other customers.
We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about special events or exciting British Ceramic Tile news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- Fulfilment of and delivery of products and services you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners and third party concessions.
- Process payments. British Ceramic Tile does not store any payment details once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers that we have on the website.
- Contact you with important information relating to your order, such as confirming your order, letting you know about returns and refunds. We share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
Where we have your consent:
- Send you marketing updates via email about all the latest news, events and offers at British Ceramic Tile. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in any email.
- Use your details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, video on demand, search engine marketing, paid social - these are all on third party sites or platforms.
Where we have justifiable reason (legitimate interest):
- Respond to customer service enquiries raised, online, social media or on the phone.
- Send an abandoned basket email via a third party supplier such as Mail Chimp or Ve Interactive.
- Invite you to provide feedback/reviews about our products and service in the form of surveys via Survey Monkey or reviews via our third party provider Trust Pilot.
- We use this information to help us improve the quality of service provided; to monitor the quality of our products and services and to assist with the selection of future product and service lines.
- Analyse aggregated customer information with other interactions customers have with British Ceramic Tile in order to continually improve the products and services we offer through our website. We do this using Google Analytics.
Where we have collected your contact details in the process of a sale (or negotiations of a sale) online, of a product or service, British Ceramic Tile will have PECR compliant permission to send you email marketing. We will only send you emails to market British Ceramic Tile products and services.
You will be able to say no to receive these emails when we first collect your contact details and you will be able to unsubscribe in every subsequent communication from us.
We use third party platforms to manage and deliver customer relationship management (CRM); email marketing campaigns; online advertising, customer analytics, fulfilment of orders, delivery, returns, refunds, IT services; etc. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf.
We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We will have written contracts with them which provide assurances regarding the protections that they will give to your personal information and their compliance with our data security standards and international transfer restrictions.
In certain circumstances, we share and/or are obliged to share your personal information for business administration and legal compliance purposes with third parties outside the British Ceramic Tile Ltd.
We may use your personal information in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets), to enforce our legal rights and or to protect the rights of third parties and it is in our legitimate interest to do so. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants, or insurers or financial institutions.
We may use your personal information for legal compliance purposes and to enforce our legal rights. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external parties such as administrative authorities (HMRC), police and public prosecutors or to comply with a court order. It is our legal obligation to do so.
We would hate to see you go, but if you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe.
These are as follows:
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services via our online form: https://www.britishceramictile.com/contact
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and British Ceramic Tile does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
Our website and emails contain certain cookies, pixels, records and other technologies of which you should be aware.
Re Your browsing and interaction on any other websites, or your dealings with any other third party service provider, is subject to that website’s or third party service provider’s own rules and policies.
We do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties.
We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit or third party service provider that you deal with and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices.
We keep your personal information in line with our company retention policy. We only retain information for as long as it is required.
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose.
All of our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Services.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Your right of access
- Your right to correct information
- Your right to delete information
- Your right to restrict information
- Your right to data portability
- Your right to object
- Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
- Your right to withdraw consent
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
Cookies make your experience on our website more personalised and beneficial, below we have listed what cookies we have on our website and what they are, why we use them and how they work.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
PREF, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz, NID, docsperf, rememberme, __qca, HSID, APISID, SID - optional line
- AFFILIATE WINDOW
Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
For further information: http://www.criteo.com
- MENTION ME
Mention Me operate refer-a-friend programmes and related services, this enables customers to refer their friends to their brand and then reward both the referrer and the referred friend when the referred friend becomes a customer.
For further information: - https://mention-me.com/help/privacy_policy_s#cookies
For further information: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/cookies
This cookie is used to collect information on how you interact with our emailing marketing campaigns so that we can measure results and improve them.
For more information: https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/
- DOUBLE CLICK
Cookies themselves contain no personally identifiable information. Depending on the publisher’s and user’s settings, information associated with cookies used in advertising may be added to the user’s Google Account.
For further information: https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090?hl=en
For further information: https://www.yieldify.com/how-we-use-cookies/
Bing allows us to build lists of users who have searched for certain terms and clicked on results using their search engines, so that we can target our advertising more effectively.
TrustPilot is a reviews provider and their cookie identifies which users have placed orders and for what products so we can communicate effectively with you regarding collating reviews.
For further information: https://uk.legal.trustpilot.com/end-user-privacy-terms
We hope that this page has explained everything for you and remember you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish. For full information on how to delete cookies please visit aboutcookies.org (this will open in a new window – please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us: https://www.britishceramictile.com/contact