LTP Cleaners & Sealers LTP Crackle Glaze Protector 500ml
£12.99 per unit
- LTP Crackle Glaze Protector is an impregnating sealer for ceramic tiles that have a porous crackle glaze. It helps protect tiles from penetration by water, dirt, oil, grease, limescale, and other household contaminants.
Directions for use:
- Ensure that the tile surface is clean and dry. Any tiles that are to be wet cut should be protected with at least one coat of LTP Crackle Glaze Protector. Once the tiles have been fixed and before grouting applies at least one coat of LTP Crackle Glaze Protector with a sponge or soft cloth and then buff immediately into the surface using a buffing cloth. This should be done until all excess is removed. Leave for a minimum of two hours before grouting with normal grouts.
- If coloured or pigmented grouts are used: Apply at least a further three coats and do not buff off the excess. Allow 2 hours between each coat. Grout in the joints and remove excess immediately using a sponge and water. Leave the grout to harden (approx 2 hours). Use LTP Grout Stain Remover and black coarse pad to de-bond remaining grout residue and sealer. Wipe off the remaining residue with a buffing cloth.
- N.B. Due to variations in crackle glaze tiles – always test the product first to ascertain the correct number of coats to be applied.
- Once dry (min 24hrs) apply a further coat of LTP Crackle Glaze Protector to the surface also covering the joints. After 48 hours the surface can be cleaned as normal. Use a buffing cloth to remove any excess from non-absorbent surfaces.
- Approximately 30 – 40 minutes. The product becomes fully effective after approximately 48 hours.
- Approximately 5 sq.m per 500ml (2 coats)
- Store in a cool, dry, frost-free environment.
- Shelf Life – Up to 4 years for unopened containers.