Choose the Right Tile
LINK TO OTHER HOW-TO GUIDES…
HOUSE OF BRITISH CERAMIC TILE MULTIUSE TILE
We have created a beautiful collection of finished ceramic tiles that can be used on both walls and floors due to their great strength.
WHAT IS YOUR SUBSTRATE?
- Substrate can refer to the material your tile is made from (ie. ceramic, porcelain, stone).
- Substrate can also mean the surface that your tile will sit on, usually a wall or floor
- You need to find out about substrates before making a tiling decision.
- You can use different products to strengthen a surface, which are revealed in our other videos.
WHAT WORKS WHERE?
- Ceramic tiles will work on most surfaces.
- Skimmed plasterboard can only hold 20kg per m2.
- Plasterboard that hasn’t been skimmed will hold up to 30kg per m2.
- Floors can hold most kinds of tile, but a timber floor will be dependent on strength.
- Find out how heavy a m2 is by checking the tile box.
- If in doubt check with a professional.